Conair Infiniti Pro Hair Dryer Review
The 270RX Infiniti Pro Conair Hair Dryer delivers great performance and reliability. Equally suitable for home or travel use, this blow dryer has the added benefit of a long four year warranty.
Our Assessment Of The 270RX Infiniti Pro Conair Hair Dryer
When it comes to all-round versatility, the Conair Infiniti Pro hair dryer packs a lot of features into an extremely compact package.
One one hand, it’s a tried and tested blow dryer which is designed to withstand the rigors of daily use. On the other hand, the special “Twist-it” handle can be easily rotated to fit flush against the body – instantly making it into the perfect compact travel dryer. So with the Conair Infiniti 270RX, you really have two blow dryers in one.
Our Initial Observations For The Conair 270RX
Everything about this Conair Infiniti Pro hair dryer oozes style – from the shimmering apple green finish to the contoured folding handle. Underneath the hood is a power-horse of a motor which provides 1875 watts of power. Conair has thoughtfully used an AC motor, which has a far longer lifespan than the DC motors used in some cheaper models.
Better still, even though AC motors are designed to be heavy duty, they are generally a lot quieter than their DC counterparts. This Conair Infiniti Pro hair dryer is rated as being “whisper quiet” by the manufacturer.
In terms of heat production, the 270RX uses a ceramic Tourmaline heating coil. There are three main benefits of using this type of technology:
- The Conair Infiniti Pro hair dryer uses infra red heat to dry your hair. Infra red heat is far softer and kinder to your hair than the harsher direct heat, and avoids unnecessary heat damage by gently heating your hair follicles from within.
- The ceramic heating function produces a very regulated level of heat output. This is precisely controlled so the air flow is always at exactly the right temperature you want it to be.
- The special Tourmaline coating produces natural streams of negative ions when heated. These negative ions are especially beneficial as they stop your hair from tangling, and keep it silky smooth.
Looking at the design, the Conair Infiniti Pro hair dryer fits snugly into your hand. The handle is specially contoured, and the rocker switches which control the heat and speed adjustment settings are perfectly placed and easily accessible. This Conair Infiniti 270RX model is lighter than most, so it’s comfortable to use – even for long periods.
Let’s Look At The Full Features Of The Conair Infiniti Pro Hair Dryer
- Power. The 270RX has a powerful professional grade long-life AC motor, which produces 1875 watts of air flow. If you want to dry your hair quickly, this blow dryer will do the job.
- Heating System. The ceramic Tourmaline element produces controlled output, making sure that you never “over cook” your hair. By incorporating ionic technology, you’ll enjoy less frizz and lock in your hair’s natural moisture.
- Low Noise. The Conair Infiniti Pro hair dryer is designed to be especially quiet.
- Accurate Heat Controls. The 270RX comes with a choice of three heat settings which can be adjusted using a rocker switch on the handle.
- Controlled Air-flow. Two speed settings allow you to easily vary the airflow.
- Cool-Shot Setting. If you need to set your hair, simply press the cool shot button on the Conair Infiniti Pro hair dryer to create an instant jet of cold air.
- Cord Length. The Conair 270RX has a 6 foot long power cord which conveniently wraps around the handle when not in use.
- Folding Handle. With a special “twist lock” handle which folds against the body, this model takes up very little space.
- Included Attachments. Included with the Conair Infiniti Pro hair dryer are two attachments. The first is a concentrator, which makes straightening hair a breeze. If you’d prefer a little more volume and bounce, the diffuser will soon become your best friend.
- Easy Access Filter. The Conair 270RX has an easy access filter which can be removed and cleaned in seconds. This means it’s child’s play to keep your blow dryer in tip-top working order.
- Extended Warranty. Whilst it’s common for most blow dryers to have a 12 month warranty, the Conair Infiniti Pro hair dryer is built to last and backed up by a four year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Lightweight & Compact. This Conair Infiniti Pro hair dryer is a pleasure to hold, plus it doesn’t take up much space in your suitcase or overnight bag.
Should You Buy The Conair Infiniti Pro Hair Dryer?
To summarize the results of our review, the Conair 270RX is a versatile and solid all-round blow dryer. It performs well in both heat and air speed categories, whilst still being extremely quiet. The 48 month warranty is a huge plus, and testimony to the reliability of the 270RX. It comes as no great surprise that the Conair Infiniti Pro hair dryer has consistently been one of the top selling blow dryers for the last couple of years.
Are there any downsides to the Conair Infiniti Pro hair dryer? Well, the apple green color may not be to everyone’s tastes. And the 6 foot long power cord could perhaps do with being a touch longer, but these are only minor points.
Overall, the Conair Infiniti Pro hair dryer is definitely great value for money.